At UCEL, we take pride in being Canada’s oldest construction hoist company. Founded in 1963, we have more than 55 years of expertise in designing, building and installing high-quality European-made equipment and industry-leading custom landing equipment. Our construction hoists have proven themselves on sites around the world in heights over 1,000 feet.
Stros construction hoists perform reliably in the most challenging situations and most extreme weather conditions in the world. They owe their world-renowned reputation to constant research and development, first-class components/equipment and the drive to meet and exceed customer needs.
UCEL can provide a range of add-on services to a normal man-and-material hoist rental including:
- Project consulting
- Setback structures for single or dual hoists
- Common towers for multiple hoists
- Full time operators
- Low-overhead height equipment for flight-path restricted jobsites
- -40C rated equipment
- Hurricane-proof installations
- Heated buss bar conductors (to replace power cable)
- Loading docks
- Hoistway enclosures
- Electrical power sheds
- Concrete hoist embeds
- Counterweighted or non-counterweighted machines
- Custom landing gates
- Explosion-proof rental hoists
- Shale and substrate anchoring
Why Choose UCEL?
EXPERIENCE SINCE 1963
We bring 55+ years of family-operated quality, reliability and safety to every project.
We are proud of our reliability track record: 700+ machines sold by UCEL in North America, 0 decommissioned from age or maintenance requirements.